Monday 18 March 2013

Present, Past, Future

Recently, I had the chance to present our new range, my first as Assistant Buyer, to the store and area managers of our House of Fraser and Harvey Nichols concessions.

It was great to get feedback from the stores and I'm so passionate about the changes we've made since taking over the range it was an opportunity to explain these changes and inspire the staff, and ultimately the customers.

Some of these changes include using a more skilled factory to make the shirts, sourcing luxury fabrics from the best mills in Italy, using real mother of pearl buttons, and making the ties in England as opposed to China.

I also wrote the new copy for the branding which was well received and I have been involved in every tiny detail of the whole range including overhauling the brand and I will forever love this range as it was my first (I've already bought one of the shirts and plan to frame it later down the line!)

The stores also had feedback for us which is not surprising as we took over the brand at a very late date and had to get the range together in double quick time, these included comments such as more pocket square colours and visual merchandising which I have since looked at and taken in to account for AW 13 14 which I am finalising now.

I produced a booklet documenting all of the shirts, ties and accessories and their unique selling points to send back to the store staff so they can be as inspired and passionate about the new range as I am - we just have to wait for sales figures now! 

I plan to make a similar booklet for the next season and I am in talks with our visual merchandiser to include new display ideas. Visual merchandising is one of the areas I want to do more work in so I'm trying to make the most of the influence I have whilst I'm here!


No comments:

Post a Comment